We are currently looking for a Trainee Structural Technician / Office Junior to join our practice.
- 5 GCSE Grade C or above to include Mathematics, Science & English.
- ‘A’ levels (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics or other Engineering related Disciplines would be advantageous.
- Jersey Residential qualifications.
You will be required to:-
- Learn the skills necessary to become a competent Structural Technician within the Construction Industry including:-
- The use of AutoCAD to produce drawings suitable for use within an Engineering/Construction environment.
- The preparation of basic calculations.
- Prepare basic correspondence, in the form of letters and email.
Assist Engineers and Technicians in undertaking site surveys, site monitoring and other site work etc. as required.
Assist in day to day, general office administration, including:-
- Undertake accurate printing, reproduction and issuing of drawings, calculations and documents.
- Filing and archiving.
After a successful probationary period, you will attend a day release course in Construction at Highlands College where you will be expected to demonstrate an exemplary level of attendance & performance.
Further career progression would lead to achieving TechEng status through the Institute of Structural Engineers.
The successful candidate will be punctual, reliable & neatly presented and will be able to communicate clearly, accurately and politely with other members of staff and people with whom they come into contact with as part of their role at Rothwells.
Applicants should email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, applications can be addressed to The Directors, Rothwells Consulting Engineers, 17 La Motte Street, St.Helier, JE2 4SY.