We are looking for a permanent Plant Operativewith immediate effect.
You will be responsible to the Customer & Network Services Officer (Plant) for the storage, processing and transfer for LPG and industrial/other gases.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ship discharge
- Assist with testing of alarms and safety systems
- Complete or assist with maintenance of plant and equipment, in-house repairs of delivery and other vehicles
- Inspect LPG installation fittings and connections
- Regular inspections of plant and equipment to ensure that it is operating safely and correctly
- Installation, maintenance and testing of plant, equipment and systems.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of pressure systems.
- Undertake, implement and to assist with risk assessments
- Recover LPG from bulk tanks
- Assist in the delivery and collection of LPG bulk tanks
- Co-operate with safety audits and inspections
- On site liaison with other departments, contractors the public and external agencies
- Report any accident, incident, or near miss to the Officer or Manager and to assist with any subsequent investigation
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and relevant approved codes of practice, as prescribed by Health & Safety legislation, recommendations, Company policies and guidance.
- Assist with stock control and ordering of spares and equipment.
- Have experience of technical, operational and emergency processes in the mains, LPG and or Plant operations.
- Demonstrate and understand Technical/Engineering Standards and Codes of Practice applied within the gas industry
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of construction, operation and maintenance of gas plant and equipment/commercial appliances/ LPG filling plant.
- Complete and pass a Carriage of Dangerous Goods course (ADR) and trained to drive MGVs, HGVs / articulated lorries and to operate vehicle ancillary equipment e.g. fork-lifts.
- Hold valid relevant driving licence.
For further details or if you are interested in applying please send CV to
Mike Phillips Jersey Gas, Tunnel Street, Jersey.