- PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Support the Transport Projects team in the development of transport projects such as improvements for walking, cycling, bus services, road safety and public realm schemes.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- For transport projects, carry out data collection and site evaluation to support the development of project options and the assessments of feasibility. Support Traffic Engineers and Transport Planners in the preliminary design of schemes (drawing and specification) utilizing CAD and other design tools. Support consultation with stakeholders and the wider public by preparation of display materials, feedback surveys and arranging events. Carry out cost estimates and prepare planning applications.
- For building development highway access issues, carry out site evaluation and support preparation of planning application transport comments and provide pre planning application advice.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of departmental transport policy.
- Prepare regulatory proposals for road traffic restriction changes and arrange signage scheme.
- On occasion prepare temporary traffic management plans for trial traffic schemes, major events.
- KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Requires the post holder to attain (in post) or hold Engineering Council ‘Engineering Technician’ (EngTech) status from a relevant awarding professional body such as ICE, IHE. The post holder will therefore need to either hold or attain a relevant National Certificate, NVQ3 or an equivalent level 3 technical sector qualification (i.e. relevant to civil, highways, utility or construction sectors) or be able to demonstrate to the relevant professional body sufficient knowledge and experienced gained in post to achieve EngTech status.