We are currently looking for a Project / Graduate Structural Engineer to join our practice.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (ideally Civil or Structural Engineering) or an Engineering related discipline.
- Previous experience in Civil or Structural Engineering is not necessary but would advantageous.
- A sound grasp of Engineering mathematics is essential.
- Experience of drafting with AutoCAD would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills in IT, verbal and written forms (in English).
- Jersey Residential qualifications.
Initially you will be required to:-
- Learn to navigate design codes and standards.
- Undertake design calculations for individual members under the supervision of a Partner or Senior Engineer.
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of contract drawings based on your designs.
On the job training will be provided to help you maximise your potential and you will quickly progress to undertake more complex tasks including:-
- Analysis of structural arrangements
- Preparing written reports and design summaries.
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by others
- Attend site (as required).
- Liaise with other building professionals to develop designs in accordance with proposed schemes
A structured path culminating in achieving the CEng or IEng qualification through the Institute of Structural Engineers will be provided.
The right candidate will be ambitious, neatly presented, punctual, have excellent self-management skills.
Applicants should email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively, applications can be addressed to The Directors, Rothwells Consulting Engineers, 17 La Motte Street, St. Helier, JE2 4SY.